VISION & MISSION
In 2012, the Council summarized the future image of national university hospitals in “Searching for the Future Vision of National University Hospitals - Challenges and Prospects” looking ahead 10 years into the future, and then created Action Plan for realization of the future image of National University Hospitals with a specific plan for every fiscal year, employees at national university hospitals were continuously working with high aspirations to realize the plan.
Key points in searching for the future vision of national university hospitals
The role of national university hospitals played in the past
National university hospitals developed along with departments of medicine and medical universities and now consist of 42 national universities in Japan at present.
Through training (training of health care personnel), medical care (providing advanced medical care and providing needed personnel to the community), and research (research and development of diagnosis and Medical Care), the national university hospitals contribute to the development of the economy and the society of Japan for the realization of the safe, secure lives of the citizens.
National university hospitals actively contribute to society by addressing intractable diseases that cannot be handled by other hospitals to meet the medical challenges to cancer, perinatal period, and organ transplants.
Challenges faced by national university hospitals
Future image for national university hospitals
- Help doctors create lifelong careers by providing training and medical specialist/general practitioner courses through inter-hospital networks.
- Medical Care
- Provide safe, secure, high-quality medical care services, cutting-edge medical technology by managing quality indicators, developing foundation departments, and restructure hospital departments.
- Develop and enrich the research environment and foundation, promote clinical research, and lead advanced medicine to bring about life innovation.
- Contribution to Community/Society
- Improve the standard of community health care by building a swing doctor dispatch system as the core medical institution in the community.
- Share the excellent medical information in Japan with the world, build a medical network and promote personnel exchanges with other countries.
- Establish governance, reform the financial human resources systems, and promote collaboration between hospitals to fulfill the social role.
As one of the solutions that can be applied to all the challenges, promote the networking that makes use of the strengths of the hospitals.
Searching for the Future Vision of NUH
Hospitals of NUH
Dentistry Hospitals of NUH
Action Plan & Annual Report
Anual Report 2013 and
Action Plan 2014
Action Plan 2013